CONSCIENTIOUS STORE & BLOG
Luxuryia is a store committed to selling high-quality apparel made is the most conscientious manner.
We don't outsource our production so we can maintain a fair pay and work environment for everyone that works with us. We also only use materials that are either sustainable or have longevity. Our designs, fabrics and colors are basics, so you may use them for years to come and not contribute to the tons of clothing waste that end up in landfills (the average American tosses 82 pounds of textile waste each year).
Our team is comprised of individuals that strive to live mindful lives. We believe that life is meant to be lived fully, always considering how our choices impact the welfare of humanity and the environment.
ETHICAL FASHION /ˈeTHək(ə)l/ ˈfaSHən/
Also known as green, eco or sustainable fashion, is part of the growing trend of creating more sustainable, environmentally friendly and ethical apparel. As an ethical fashion business we are:
1. Environmentally conscious:
- Producing with sustainable fabrics— ex. organic cottons, hemp, bamboo, linen and organic wool or recycled materials. Or...
- Producing with high-quality and long-lasting fabrics.
- Producing through environmentally friendly processes— ex. with alternative or renewable energy, minimizing the use of water, reducing the pollution generated by the production, reducing or eliminating the use of hazardous chemicals, etc.
- Recycling and re-using high quality vintage items or fabrics.
2. Socially conscious:
- Fairly-traded: fair labor standards [supply chain due diligence— ex. making sure worker’s basic human rights are protected against: exploitative labour, unhygienic surroundings, etc.], and fair wages to all of our workers.
- Activism against: human trafficking and child labour.
- Animal cruelty-free or “vegan” .